I was recently nominated for the Liebster award. What is the “Liebster Blog Award?”It’s an award that was reputedly started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them. (source) I was nominated by Yanic at Family, Faith, Food and Fabric. Her blog is a lovely and peaceful place to go, and I enjoy reading her updates on life, family and the delicious recipes she creates.
Here are the rules that those who are nominated are to follow:
- Write a post thanking the person that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions this person gives you.
- Write down 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 new blogs (with less than 1000 followers) you think deserve the attention. This is meant as a way for them to get known and hopefully get new readers!
- Inform the blogger you’ve nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions I am to answer today:
- What is your favorite thing about your favorite season? I love two seasons: fall and spring. Both are warm with a little chill in the air and I feel a sense of ease in my life being outside all the time. Love the warmth inward and outward.
- What is your favorite ingredient to cook with? Garlic!
- Besides your family and pets, what would be the one thing you would grab running out of your house if it was on fire? Photographs and Bible.
- If you could take up any hobby/sport, what would it be? I would love to take up skiing. I have done it, but I would like to do it more regularly.
- What song could you always listen to without fear of getting fed up with? Lumineers Stubborn Love
- What was/is your favorite subject in school? Love science!
- What other languages (besides English) do you speak? I know a little German.
- What does “heaven” mean to you? Peace and Love
- Beach or Mountains? (and why) Beach and mountains together.
- Tea or Coffee? Tea
- What is your biggest regret? Not quitting my job sooner after the adoption process.
Eleven Random Facts
1. I like to watch really mindless television sometimes such as the Fashion Police.
2. I bring stray animals home far too often. My husband has banned me from bringing home anymore.
3. I have a vintage business.
4. I can read Anne of Green Gables over and over again and never get tired of it.
5. I love Dr. Pepper.
6. My favorite flowers are sunflowers.
7. I was born in Oklahoma and raised in Colorado and Las Vegas Nevada.
8. Met my husband in Oklahoma when I moved back there for College.
9. I did not learn how to cook until I was married.
10. I have a secret love of cowboy hats. I guess it is not so secret after all. I love to see my husband in his. Looks rugged.
11. I love to travel!
Here are the blogs I nominate:
Here are my questions for you:
1. What is your guilty pleasure?
2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
3. Where is the most “exotic place you have been?
4. What is your favorite flower?
5. Favorite book?
6. What is your most embarrassing moment?
7. Dogs or cats? Why?
8. What is your fondest memory?
9. Favorite song?
10. What is your favorite past time?
11. If you could meet anyone, past or present, who would it be?
Thank you so much for nominating me. Truly an honor. I look forward to seeing and hearing from all of you whom I have nominated!